Friday, February 29, 2008

I've been tagged ------AGAIN...Thanks Lynn :)

Oh yeah...thanks Lynn ;)



HERE'S HOW YOU PLAY. ONCE YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED YOU HAVE TO WRITE A BLOG OF TEN WEIRD, RANDOM THINGS, FACTS OR HABITS ABOUT YOURSELF. AT THE END, YOU CHOOSE TEN PEOPLE TO BE TAGGED, LISTING THEIR NAMES AND WHY YOU CHOSE THEM TO BE TAGGED. DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE THEM A COMMENT "YOU'RE IT" AND TO READ YOUR BLOG. YOU CAN'T TAG THE PERSON WHO TAGGED YOU. SINCE YOU CAN'T TAG THAT PERSON BACK, LET HIM OR HER KNOW WHEN YOU'VE POSTED YOUR BLOG SO HE OR SHE CAN READ YOUR ANSWERS.

My Mom said she should have named me random. Others think so as well(lynn)

1. Once a year a purchase an order of chicks, ducklings and a gosling from this website:

www.idealpoultry.com

I do not live in the country right now. I live in the "burbs". I want my children to experience different things and animals they normally would not. When the little guys get bigger and messier I sell them to local farmers for cheap. My kids just love this.

2. I think robots and snails are pretty cool. I got a watch with snails all over it and the watch hand is a snail. I made myself a quilt and it contains squares with snails, chickens, lobsters, monkeys and a few other odd things, the backing is robots. I think the coolest type of snail is a "Giant African Snail". Naomi swears she has eaten them and that they are good. Poor snails :(

3.My favorite shoes are my black chucks(all stars). I will wear them with anything, even a dress and see nothing wrong with it. For variety I change the shoes laces.

4. I am not a big fan of the phone. I have a hard time talking on the phone. I hate ordering pizza. Of course I love talking to people I know. So once you get to know me, good luck getting me off the phone, if you are the pizza guy i'd rather not talk to you :)

5.I would like a very large family, minimum six. I would love to live on a farm with 10 kids. I think my mother thinks I am crazy :) sorry Mom!

6.I like to ask my children to lead prayer. I love how sweet and honest their prayers are. Like when Naomi was still in Liberia my 4, then 3 year old would pray for her every night and would also pray for the shoes and dress we sent over to her. My two year old likes to pray for the snow and her bed. We do add things and people we do not want them to forget, but over all I let them be themselves and be as creative as they want.

7. I HATE flying. I would rather take up part of my vacation driving to get somewhere, then fly. When I am on a plane I get physically ill and start to sweat. I just hate flying and planes. Cars are so much cooler.

8. Speaking of cars the only car I would really want to drive would be a station wagon. The car of my dreams is a volvo 240 station wagon with jump seat. These hold 7. They have the two front seats, room for 3 in the back seat and then a jump seat that pops up in the back that holds 2. From all the research I have done these jump seats are very safe. Here is a pic:

"THE" car

Photobucket

The magnificent jump seat
Photobucket

9. I can't spell at all, but I have rich vocabulary. I love www.freerice.com. I am proud to say I rarely get a word wrong. Try this website our, it is super fun and addicting and for a great cause.

10. I always give people the benefit of the doubt. Even if you hurt me, I will give you umpteen chances. I continue to believe that people are good and care about others, that maybe they just have a hard time expressing themselves or just need help. I think people can be helped, taught or convinced to be better...they just need that chance.

Ok thats me again in a small neat package.


Who I tagged:

1. Tama because her first weird things were not that weird.

2. My sister because she needs a first post on her blog

3. Robin cause I love ya!

4. Nikki because I am interested to hear weird things about her :)

5. Brandi because I your posts always rock

6. Hewy because we both like gnomes

7. Missy because you I think your awesome

8. Donna because I am sure you have a lot more weird things that you want to tell us!

9. Rae because I love you and your sense I humor

10. Melodie because I think you are such an interesting person

Most of you have posted, but this is a different tag, besides I love hearing more about my bloggy friends.

Love ya all,

Jen

6 comments:

"The Transplanted Yankee" said...

YAY!! Thanks for doing it, dude! You Rock!

missy said...

i don't think i could possibly come up with 10 MORE weird things about myself, i'm just too normal. at least i think so. i'll see what i can do, but it may take awhile.

Crystal said...

Jen, I just got my blog done by Nikki. I love it!! I am inspired by your family : ) We are adopting again from Liberia through Addy's Hope. Blessings to you- Crystal

Anonymous said...

Crystal,
I love Nikki's work, she is awesome. Where in West Michigan are you? My family and I are moving to Grand Rapids area later this year. Do you have a blog?? I could not find the address.

Blessings,

Jen :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I found your blog by way of Hewy. I love your header! What a beautiful fmaily. I also loved this list. I love things like that!
I absolutley agree with you on the statement-children lead to prayer!

Brandi said...

Ok, I finally did it!! Random it is!!

Love you!
Bran