Saturday, February 9, 2008

Another day

Hey guys,

I am tired, how are you? But I feel at peace and better about Naomi. She is doing better. She is talking and is much more comfortable. Early in the day she was crying a lot and smacking and the nurses. Near the end of the day she was no longer crying and just telling her nurses(who are so awesome by the way)"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!". Hubby told her to be nice to them , that they are just trying to help her. She is sitting up in bed and reading books and putting lotion on herself! She is asking what everything is and is just all around much better. She is enjoying the t.v. She told me she is "hungry" and said "I want to go home right now". So she is somewhat back to her normal self. She is still in PICU. She is on 25% oxygen, still wearing the mask. She was able to take it off for 5 minutes though to brush her teeth, and when she did her oxygen levels stayed the same!!!! Tonight they are starting her on I.V. nurtition. On Monday they will do another barium swallow to see her there are any leaks in her new esophogus. All of her xrays show no leaks!! SO............all is much better overall. Tomorrow should be even better....I hope. PRAISE THE LORD!! DOES HE NOT JUST ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! :)


With much Love,

Jen :)

5 comments:

Brandi said...

still praying with you and praising God that He has given you such peace in the midst. That's a God thing!

Brandi

"The Transplanted Yankee" said...

We love you ALL! We're definitely praying. Tell Alan thanks for the phone call yesterday - we've tried to update everyone. Give her lots of love from us!!

Just A Family said...

Oh Jenn been there sister...I know how scary all of those things look..
I will be praying for you both...
Please keep us up-dated..

love,
Robin

Anonymous said...

jen
your faith is inspirational. we are back in Colo. and praying for your whole family. Nothing is more stressful than seeing loved ones in pain. if you have time please send address in Mich. only if you have a min.
with great hope
russ

Melissa said...

Just catching up on my blog reading after a busy weekend. I'm so glad to hear how well Naomi is doing. I've been praying for your whole family. I can't imagine how this must affect each of you - kids included. I'm looking forward to the day I hear you blog about your first real family meal together!