Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Day 5

I know I have not updated in a few days. I was just to tired. Naomi is doing very well. She is on the regular recovery floor now. She is not longer recieving any oxygen and is maintaining her stats. She went from the mask to the nasal canular on Sunday, then they took that out yesterday. Her epidural came out today. I was expecting her to be very uncomfortable after the epidural came out, but she is fine. She says she is just itchy. I have been putting lotion on her 2-3 times a day. She has been sleeping a lot. She is now able to move around and sit up in bed, which she loves. I have been able to do her hair every other day and she can finally sit up so I can do it. She is NOT happy when her hair is messy.
We brought her a ton of stuff to keep her happy. She has videos, puzzles, coloring and sticker books, dolls with long hair to braid, stuffed animals, books to read and a bunch of other things. The hospital has given her stuff too. They have these clowns on the floor all say(the horror, the horror) and she likes them. They also have people that come by several times a day to read the kids books. The child recreational therapists also come by and ask the kids if they want any toys etc. Naomi asked for play dough and they got her some right away.
Naomi gets an x-ray each morning to check if her esphogial replacement is leaking. So far there has been no leaking! The doctors are very pleased. They cannot believe Naomi only had the surgery on Thursday. She is doing so well! They take out herchest tubes tomorrow because there is no more drainage. She has also had all her Ivs taken out except her central line, for blood draw and medications. She is no longer on antibiotics and has no fever. She is still a little raspy in breathing, but she is still at 99% oxygen levels. BEST of all she is swallowing her spit. I swallowed for her today and let her feel my throat has I did it. She thought this was a great game and showed me how she has been swallowing her spit!! Boy does this make me SO happy, I just cannot tell you how happy! Anyway I will post some pics below. These are from Sunday and yesterday.


Blessings,

Jen
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

missy said...

She looks great Jen.
Missy

Unknown said...

Oh, I am so happy for you guys! This is great! Who ever thought that we would be rejoicing over some spit swallowing!

Melissa said...

This is such exciting news. Thanks for posting the pictures - she looks so happy. Heck, I'm happy just looking at her!

Stefanie said...

I've been frequently checking on Naomi's progress. I'd love to talk with you once Marcus comes home about how things are going and your suggestions on treatment for Marcus.

God Bless,

Stefanie Solt