Thursday, February 21, 2008

Five weird things about me.....is that what I am suposed to do??

Tama tagged me. I hated tag as a kid, as well as dodge ball. I was always the last one standing in dog ball, you know why?..........I would hide in a corner or behind something so no one would see me, then come out when I felt it was all over. Tag is more fun as an adult!

1. I love chickens....I mean real ones. One of these days I am going to live on some property so I can have chickens, ducks and geese. I LOVE poultry. I would have a chicken in the house if they were not so messy. I LOVE them!!

2. I am a research machine. I am on the computer to much and I research things constantly. I am the queen of pointless knowledge.I know tons and tons of things about stuff that no one but me cares about...like chickens and many other odd ball things!

3.I think childbirth is easy compared to going to the dentist. I Hate the dentist..I fret about going so much. I would rather give birth any day than get a filling...ick it makes me sick just thinking about it. Teeth are annoying.

4. I am obsessed with diet coke. I am so unhealthy. I eat fine, nothing bad but I drink like 6 diet cokes a day. I know that is so bad...but it is just my vice. If I was a lab rat, I would be long gone :(

5. I despise balloons. I HATE them. I think they are freaky. I hate how they float, how they smell and the awful sound they make when they pop. When clowns(hate them too) make balloon animals and make that sound I just want to run. I think they are evil.I do not let my kids have balloons(swallowing hazard anyway) because they are awful. My kids get annoyed with me about this, but they get enough of what they want that I can get away with keeping the evil balloons out of my house. What a nightmare!!

Ok I was painfully honest and sound crazy now. O well!!! :)

How about one more for good times sake??

6. We are adopting again. A baby boy with several special needs. He is from Liberia. We heard about him and prayed for a long time. We just felt very led to this child. You can read about him at my other blog: www.specialneedsbaby.blogspot.com We are naming him William. I know many people will think I am crazy but when the Lord calls you, you go. Please pray for us and our baby if you do not mind. We could use it!

Blessings,

Jen :)

8 comments:

missy said...

I am so drawn to you Jen. You remind me of one of my lifes dearest friends. She and I are nothing alike, and frankly, I find her a little quirky but I couldn't love her any more than I do. Please take that as a compliment. Quirky is good.

Oh, btw, do you eat poultry?? Just to let you know that your post ages ago about the treatment of laying hens made me start buying only free range eggs. Blogs are good, aren't they.

I just can't tell you how your adoption of William has touched my heart. It's made me love you even more.

Blessings,
Missy

Welcome to Jen said...

Thank you Missy! You really made me cry! I have always thought quirky was a good thing....been told that since I could talk. Again thank you! You blessed my heart today!

Love u,
Jen

Tama said...

I just learned that YOU were Williams mom yesterday before I read your blog. That is soooooo awsome. I had read "Williams" blog but had no idea you were adopting him until you left a message on Stephanies blog and I put two and two together. Actural Steph told me! YEAAAA! I will be praying! Sorry can't escort this little guy!

"The Transplanted Yankee" said...

I LOVE YOU! :) And we're pumped about William...can't wait to hear more!

Brandi said...

Oh my! Yep, you're weird! But, adorable. . .so does that make up for it? You crack me up all the time and constantly suprise me. I can't believe YOU are William's mom. This has been driving me crazy trying to figure it out! Especially when you'd comment on my blog as "William's Mom" instead of as Jen! You silly thing! I'm super excited for you even more now. He is adorable! Why do I always fall for your kids? Naoimi has had my heart from the very first post of yours that I read!

Love you crazy girl!
Brandi

Anonymous said...

I'm a diet coke addict too! I actually buy the two liters when they are .99 cents and drink them like they were the smaller bottles.

It's great about your future adoption, you are doing so much for those who need help!

"The Transplanted Yankee" said...

That's so awesome!! GR is pretty close to Kalamazoo...that's where we go usually. We could definitely meet up with you if we're there. I love you!

Tama said...

OK...YES I am terrified of Balloons too! Like fingers on a chalkboard, I crindge at the site of them.