Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Naomiisms

Just thought I would post some of what Naomi says. It is getting easier to understand, but is still hard to decipher at times. Anyway on to it......


"isa ned mey spi up"..............I need my spit cup

"wey Daday ata al da icrem"...........Why did Daddy eat all the ice cream?

"Isa ney go beck to Ibia,cus the dog meese mey, ain yo to Mama".......because the dog will miss me and you too Mama.I don't want to go back to Liberia

"eet oll fa mey cus isa bootefal".........Its all for me because I am beautiful!

"isa fid did dog and he be sa fet..so so fet".......i will feed this dog and he will be so so fat...(about our chihuahua Tabitha).

"Mey black ma no wdar dat...eet note feet her, she hav no shays".....My black ma cannot wear that because it does not fit her, she has no shoes.

"isa luv yo trooly Mama, you gid mey sa minee dols"....I love you truely Mama, you give me so many dolls.

"Isa starveen, Isa so hungy, Isa will dee witoot da candy"....I am starving, I am so hungry, I will die with out the candy ( When I refused to give her a second sucker)

This kid is a hoot. She loves to dance, pretend, play her drum and whine...all girl!


Love ya,

Jen

9 comments:

Stefanie said...

Is it taking a few time of her repeating to understand what she is saying? Does she understand you ok?

I love the update!

Stefanie
Marcus' Mom to be

Unknown said...

Sounds like Addie... I'll die without the candy... hah!

Welcome to Jen said...

Naomi can understand everything we say. She responds to pretty much everything we say correctly. Some things she says I can understand right away, others I cannot. I tell her when I cannot understand and she will say " I show you" and does just that. She is very good at commuicating and has the best sense of humor. At first I could not understand much, but after being with her 24/7 for over a week it is much easier!

Melissa said...

Jen, I'm so excited for you guys. I've been catching up on your recent blogs and was in tears as I read the story from the airport. I can't imagine the gammet of emotions you must have felt and are still feeling. She looks so happy and comfortable with you and the kids. I look forward to watching all of your kiddies grow through pictures. Thank you for sharing all of the fun details!

Brandi said...

Keep these up! I LOVE the Liberian accent. . I was pretty proud of myself for "getting them right" most of the time. . it was like doing a game show. . "Guess that phrase"!

Bran

missy said...

These made me cry. I would love to hear her for real, but since you're in Michigan now and not Alabama anymore, I don't guess that's possible :o) It sounds like you two are bonding beautifully. What a blessing.
Love, Missy

Just A Family said...

I miss you girl...
I'm so happy for you that your
little girl is home sweet home..
Rob

Blu and Darbi said...

I love reading about Naoimi!!

Love,
Darbi

Anonymous said...

Wow Jen, she is just beautiful!!!!! I loved reading these phrases!!! :)

- Jennifer
theisaacsliberia.blogspot.com