
Naomi went to see her peds dr today. It took us a while to get in, but she is a great doc so it was worth it. Dr. Lacy spent 45 minutes talking to us and doing a very through check up. She thinks Naomi is 5,not 6.5. Naomi also says she is 5. I told her it was said that she was 6.5 and she insisted she is 5. She has been opening up more lately and has told me a few things. She told me her teacher hit her because she would cry for her ma. She told me that she and her pa used to play marbles. She is really good at marbles. She also told me she was in a fire when she was little and showed me the scars.
Naomi is still doing very well. She has about one small meltdown a day, usually surrounding the quiet time at 1pm that all the kids have. She cries about it and then falls asleep after two minutes. I NEED this quiet time and the kids need it as well. My two other girls love it and seem to know when it is time. Naomi HATES it. Anyway about the doc. Naomi had four shots....flu, chicken pox, pneumonia and tetnus. The shots stunk. She screamed and cried. She yelled "Leave me alone" and "I beg you to stop". :( She will start her Hep and the other shots in a month after her blood work comes back. I also will be fishing for a poo sample. Ick. She seems to have normal stool etc(sorry!!)...but parasites are catchy so we have to make sure. She is clear of scabies and all that. She also had a TB test. The doctor said do not be suprised if she comes back as having had TB at one time. She said it is not catchy and that Naomi's lungs are clear and her heart sounds good. Doc found a few cavities which we will address at another time. Naomi has a surgical appt on the 7th of Jan. Hope that goes well. I am anxious for the surgery to be done. I have caught Naomi sneaking food and sucking on it and spitting it out. Might not seem so bad but we are concerned about aspiration. She tells me all the time how the doctor will fix her and she will eat and get fat. I want her to be able to eat. It is sad to watch her long for food and cry. Thank goodness for ice cream and suckers :)
Love,
Jen
Friday, December 28, 2007
Doctors and stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Thanks for the update! What a sweet girl . .she's been through so much already, it breaks my heart. I am so thankful that she has you guys. What a blessing the LORD has given her. . and you!
Love,
Brandi
Bless her heart. I hope you and your family has a Happy New Year!
So Sweet! Love the posts!
Post a Comment