Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ma I be white like you...........

This morning Naomi told me she wanted to be white like me and her sisters. She also asked me if I could go get her sister Neci and her brothers Daniel, Abraham and baby Joshua and they could come live with us and I could be there Ma. I explained that she is brown and brown is beautiful and that God made her special. She said "Ok, maybe Jesus make me white soon". Argh.

We talked to the Lord this morning together and she likes to add her own parts. She prayed that God let her "Black Ma" know that the doctor would fix her throat and she would eat all the rice and get fat. She prayed for hair rubber bands. She prayed that Jesus would have a happy birthday and that her birthday could be Christmas too. She prayed that I have a baby(Ah No!).

I keep wondering when things will get hard, when will she grieve?? She is such a normal kid, such a funny and happy kid. When will this get harder, it just gets easier. Each day things get easier for her, she opens up more, and wants to be a part of family life. I just cannot believe at times this is real...when will this all shatter and come crashing down on our heads?? I had done so much reading about attachment and parenting and how things would most likely be and though I am grateful for how things are I am really shocked at how much good and how little bad I have had to deal with. Maybe I am just crazy? Maybe I am just Lucky?


Love,

Jen

p.s. A highlight to my day today was when Naomi said "Mama I love you more than that man!(Random man she pointed out at the pharmacy).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet is she! I am so glad she is doing well. We will keep praying for you guys, and that she can eat all the rice and get fat!

Melissa said...

Too cute! Thank God for your blessings and don't keep expecting the worst, friend. You'll have some bumps eventually - they are inevitable. Just keep praising Him in the low times and in the high times!

I'm still uber-excited for you guys!

Brandi said...

I'm so thankful that she's doing so well. It will be such a Jesus thing that she maybe holds off her grieving until she's more "at home". Then, when she does, she'll be able to trust your words of comfort more!

PS I love you more than that thing over ther (I was pointing to my dog, Dumptruck)

Brandi