Sunday, December 9, 2007

Hello from Chicago

Heeloo,

I am writing from lovely Chicago, which I thought was bean town, but according to my husband I am wrong. It is 6:59pm here, Sunday December 9th. This has been the longest day of my life. We left yesterday to avoid the storms which had been predicted. It was not a bad drive. We got into out hotel at about 11:30pm. We have a awesome Chicago view from the huge window in the room. My two year old fell asleep right away, but our 3 year old wanted to look out the window. She pointed out all the cars and the trains and even the rabbits that were hopping around outside. I thought it was odd to see rabbits at midnight,I thought they slept at night...owell.

Today we went and had Chicago style pizza which is very good and so filling I could only eat one piece. Then we went back to the hotel and just vedged out. This has been the longest day of my life. I have so many emotions right now and don't know how to fee. I have an intense mix of excitement and anxiety. I keep picturing the first moment we see her and I just cannot wait. What a life changing experience. EVERYTHING will be different forever. This will be wonderful and hard all at the same time. This is reality....WOW. Please say a prayer for us and especially Naomi, this will be crazy for her. Please pray all goes well.

Love ya all,

Jen

4 comments:

"The Transplanted Yankee" said...

I am crying right now!! PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I can't even tell you how happy I am. I am in tears to know that this is almost over! Congratulations, and we will be praying for her transition!

Stefanie said...

Congratulations! This sure has been an emotional week for your family. I hope that bonding goes well and she quickly adjusts to life here. My God richly bless you all.

Stefanie Solt

Welcome to Jen said...

You guys are SO awesome. Thank you so much for everything..the Lord and you have carried me through this long road.

love ya,

Jen