I feel like there are a lot of really small things in my life that are blessings. I would like to make a list so I remember all the good things the Lord has given me. Keep in mind I am odd so some of these things may be odd.
1. The way the sunlight filters through the tress and hits the forest floor, illuminating the forest just right...so pretty.
2. String cheese. I love cheese and with string cheese I can peel it thus getting a longer time in which to eat it. Cheese is just so good!
3. I live in the South so it is such a blessing when the cockroach is outside and not in. Not matter what you do and how much you clean these buggers can get in. Lucky for me I have only had about 5 my entire year living in Alabama.
4. Dates with my husband, though my memory of this is only faint because we have been out one time in two years
5. Rain. Rain you are my friend. Come and give my grass a hug, it is looking a little sad.
6. I love you. I never get sick of these words and enjoy hearing them from everyone :)
7. 72 degrees. Since it has been 100+ degrees for some time now, I totally forget what it is like to take the garbage out on a nice 72 degree day.
8. Hearing my 2 and 3 year old girls since "Yes Jesus loves me", occasionally in unison.
9. My Pastors sermons, ok these are a big blessing. Nobody can make you think and think some more, like Luke can.
10. Sitting in the sand watching the ocean. This is such a blessing, so people never get to see the ocean. I am lucky.
11. Online banking...who needs stamps
12.My husband's " I didn't do it" smile. My favorite...just so cute :)
13. Hearing my 3 year old pray for her sister Naoimi. She prays that Naoimi will be safe, than that Naoimi's toys and new shoes will be safe. She came up with this on her own. She is such a doll.
14. When my two year old finds the remote in 2 seconds when I looked for it for an hour.
15. Free mobile to mobile minutes. Very good for when you like far from your family.
16. Hand sanitizer because that turtle may have salmonella.
17. Grey's Anatomy, cause then at least I have a reason to cry. At least I think so.
18. Nice people. They make life.....well Nice.
19. Potted plants, bring the oxygen in.
20. Chili, I just love Chili
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
The little blessings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Odd? I'm not thinking so! I love your list. . .especially including your Pastor's sermons, that would go on my list too. . and the ocean!, and listening to Brayden pray for Davis. . .the other thing I would add is when people ARE excited about my new little man! A friend's 3 year old was looking at my facebook page recently and turned to his mom and said, "I just can't wait for him to come home!"
I love you! And your little girl!
Brandi
I just loved your list... it was so varied... and it reminded me of "smaller" blessings in my life that I sometimes over-look.
I love rain, too. (and hand-sanitizer!)
Amber
I love this list. :)
... and your girls are adorable
... and I love watching Naoimi's fund go up and up and up!
I'm so happy for you and for her! I can't wait to compare stories, once Naoimi's home! She reminds me so much of Ruby...
I love you Jenn. And we missed you and the fam today. I'm so excited to see how close you are to your goal with the fundraising. I can't wait to let everyone on my e-mail list know tomorrow. See you later!
Shana
Post a Comment