Monday, April 2, 2007

Acres of Hope

Hi,

Well my husband and I have officially decided to adopt from Liberia. It was really eating at us. We kept saying we will adopt from _____________, and we will adopt from Africa next time. Why next time, why not now? The need in Liberia is so great. It saddens me when I see the smiling faces of these beautiful children who look like they are starving. We have some of the money but by no means do we have all of it. So.....we will have to do some fund raising of apply for grants. We are specifically looking for a special needs child. There is one little girl who is 7 years old that suffers from caustic ingestion that realy weighs heavy on our hearts. Caustic ingestion is when a child drinks a substance such as lye and it causes servere esophageal burns. These burns form scar tissue and eventually make it so the child can not eat, or has great eating limitations. Liberia really does not have the facilities to handle such a thing. So these children basically just starve to death. This little girl for instance is 7 years old and under 30lbs. This is very extreme. She is slowly starving to death.
So anyway this is where we are at. Homestudy done, I600A sent, application in. So now we gather the dossier paperwork.....fun!

2 comments:

Nichole Foster said...

SO happy for you. I thinkI know which child you are talking about on the UAHH website and it is scary/painful/sad to see those pictures. Congrats on your decision. I look forward to watching it all unfold.

Nichole

Welcome to Jen said...

Thanks Nichole! I pray this all works out the way the Lord intends! Hope you and Mia are doing well! I read your blogs every day! They make me smile!

God bless,

JN