Saturday, April 28, 2007

Low to almost no cost adoption

There are so many things happening in this world that weigh on my heart heavily. I have it really good and I wish I could help more than I am. Are we helping by adopting one child? I think for that child we are, especially since the child is older and has waited for years. Africa and Haiti are two countries where I would like to beable to do something one day. When my children are older I want to take a mission trip to Haiti and to the neediest parts of Africa. I would love to volunteer in an orphanage and just make sure the children got some love. I wish more people would adopt. There are programs where you can adopt a child for very little money, these children are not perfect, healthy chubby babies, but those perfect healthy chubby babies have a waiting list a mile long in most countries. Why not take a child a little older, or with a correctable medical need. You are giving this child a future...a real chance at a good life. A great organization for low cost adoptions is www.wacap.com WACAP ( World Assocition for Children and Parents) is excellent. They have a great reputation. And they have a promise child program where they fund the entire cost of the adoption besides the homestudy and travel, and even then they offer low interest loans for special needs children for up to $4500 tht completely cover the travel for the child. So essentially your adoption cost about $1200 which is the cost for a homestudy, though this varies. So you are giving a needy child a family and a future for about a thousand bucks. If you go to wacap.com you can order a free book of waiting children from all over the world. This children range in age from 4 months to 14 years of age. Adoption is a wonderful thing for everyone!

No comments: