Monday, March 19, 2007

Why do you care anyway??

Hi,

Today my post is a vent since I am annoyed. Why is it that some people feel the constant need to interject something into every conversation. Some people in my life just drive me crazy. I pray for them and for myself to be more tolerant. Why is it anyone's business if my 3 year old is still in a crib. She has not climbed out, why would I put her in a toddler bed yet then? I am not interested at this time in her climbing out of bed and playing with toys at 3am or running around if I can at all avoid it. So why do it? Why are some people/parents so interested in rushing a child through babyhood, toddlerhood and childhood? I for one am not interested in doing this. I am going to follow the pace of my children, they can set markers for me, they can tell me when it is time to change something. What works for "your" child may not work for mine or me. And if you do not have kids...hear me clearly: I DO NOT WANT YOUR OPINION!!!! If you do not have kids you just don't know what your talking about. Not to be mean, but I am a mom afterall. I like the way I do things, I do not need advice. If I ask for it please give it to me, if you have advice pose it as a questions to me and I will let you know why things are the way they are with my parenting. Life goes by too damm fast and childhood is so short I am not going the run my kids through it. Being an adult is hard and wake up call after wake up call. Why not cherish our children for who they are and cherish they little time we have, don't rush them to grow up. This is my opinion and you can take it or leave it or ponder it. Anyway that is all for now invisible folks. Oh and by the way yeah I have noticed my 21 month old still takes a bottle and my 3 year old has a pacifier in her mouth. MYOB. LV YA JN :)


Edit: 3-20-07 My daughter got a toddler bed yesterday. I got a good deal. She is doing ok with it. Here it is:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL...It is hard to parent. I will say you have some of the politest kids I have ever met. Which goes along way in my book.

Welcome to Jen said...

Thanks! You are right, it is hard to parent. I just prefer to do it my own way. Your kids are Great! Your daughter is the cutest little character, so smart. And Mayer never seems to cry..how did you manage that?? :) With my kids we had to sit in the little sound proof kids rooms in church, and even then some people WITH kids left.