I like Sundays. I like Sunday because I get to go to church. My church really does Rock! I grew up Catholic and frankly was bored out of my mind. I am not trying to be mean, but it was not for me. I did not get anything out of saying the same things over and over each week and got nothing out of the Homily ( is this how you spell it?) because it never pertained to my life. After getting confirmed I was outta there. Then I was pretty much lost for several years untill I asked Jesus into my heart and became a Christian. Honestly my life is so much better, I feel closer and closer to finding my purpose in life. I feel like I am right around the corner.
So after I became a Christian my search for a church began. It took me about two years to find one. I never found "my" church in Michigan or in Florida but finally in Alabama I found it!!!!!!!!! I was looking for something fresh that really touched me on a deeper level. I have lived hear 7 months and have been to 9 churches. All the pastors were old ( sorry old people, love ya but this is my blog) and were just not getting to me. Some were interesting, some were dry but none of them were for me. Many of the churches were large and no one was friendly. Some of the smaller churches were just to much and so in your face I swear they wanted to adopt me. One very nice ( though pushy) pastor came to my house on a weekeday at 7:30pm as I was trying to put my kids to bed and they were screaming, my husband was out of of town. He wanted to come in and I was like "um no". He did not even call first. After that heck no was I going back there. He then sent like 5 letters and had his wife send one. Thanks but I am not one for being stalked, it just does not make me want to come to your church on Sunday, sorry. So after a lot of googling, I found it...introducing Safe Harbor Church, Pelham, Alabama. The pastor is awesome and that is me being modest. He so gets people, especially people like me, and younger people who are searching for well...maybe they are not sure. Hey anyone who lives in Pelham, Helena and other areas in Alabama near here: You are searching for Jesus, and yeah Jesus is everywhere...... BUT he really likes the coffee at Safe Harbor so he hangs out and chills a bit every Sunday.
The people at this church rock too, they are friendly, but they are real. They will not stalk you and shove all the churchy stuff you might be freaked out by down your throat. Anyway I feel like I have found my church family and I am happy for myself and I think God is happy for me too. So if anyone reads this, anyone at all and you are looking for your "home", check out Safe Harbor, like Jesus christ I warn you it can become addicting.
Link: http://www.safeharboronline.org/
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Sunday....does anyone like Sundays?
Labels:
Safe Harbor Church
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
So...I rock? Thanks...But now you are giving me a big head. I am glad that you feel at home at Safe Harbor. I do too. I hope you feel closer to Jesus as well.
Yeah you are ok :) No really you are pretty cool and you make me think every week, which is new for me with church. I really do love Safe Harbor and I think my relationship with Jesus has grown imensely. Thanks!
JN
Post a Comment