Today I went over to my local travel clinic and got SEVEN shots. Boy do my arms hurt. My wallet hurts a little too as none of them were covered by insurance and they were about $100 each. Hopefully when I file an insurance claim they will let us recoup some of this. If not, owell it is not my money anyway.....it is Gods!! So the shots I got were for my travel to get our Naoimi. Maybe I went overboard with all 7 who knows. I know some people just get Malaria pills and the Yellow Fever shot, or the typhoid pills as well. Anyway the ones I got were:
1. Typhoid shot - this comes in pill form as well that you take every other day for 8 days total. I figured I'd get it done with the shot. This one made my arm go numb for a minute.
2. Menengitis. I was told Liberia is in the small "Menegitis Belt". I got shown this on a map. Don't want a disease that leaves me with brain damage so I got it.
3. Yellow fever. Burned like heck. Had to have this one to even be issued a Visa
4. Tetanus- got one of these in 2001 but got another today
5. MMR booster. I have not had this since I was a kid. But I guess there is a current outbreak of this in Central and Western Africa. So I got it.
6. Hep A. Easy to get I guess...why take a chance.
7. Polio- I guess this is rampant in developing countries. Have not had this since I was a kid, so this too I got.
I also got three prescriptions:
1. Malarone for Malaria. I have to start taking this two days before I travel 1x day while traveling and for 7 days after. F-U-N!!
2. Ciprofloxacin for Diarrhea.
3. Ambien for sleeping. My worst fear is flying. I am terrified of planes to the point where I have panic attacks and almost throw up (dry heaves). So I am going to(God willing) be knocked out the whole time on these horrific plane rides. I don't want to look out the window, or talk, or read...I want to not remember a second of the plane ride. I know this is dramatic but think about your worst nightmare and how you would feel if it was about to come true...not good I venture to guess ;)
So this is my day so fun. My arms hurt so bad and have lumpy things under the skin. All well worth it, anything would be to bring my baby home!
Love ya,
Jen
p.s. please pray for my little sister and her baby. She has super high blood pressure and is in the hospital. She has a month left to go in her pregnancy of my niece. They will induce her if her BP does not go down. This is her first baby so all of this must be scary for her.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Seven Shots...Ouch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
OOUUCH! I was just checking into all this too. Big Fun! But so worth it!
I love it Jen>>>>I hope all goes well in getting your girl home.
love Robin
Ouch! I know I sure just go ahead and get this done. . . .aaagh!
You'll be traveling before you know it!
Brandi
We wish you luck. Be sure to post pictures of your trip!
Post a Comment