Saturday, July 21, 2007

Learning about myself and God's love............

I had a very emotional start to my afternoon. I opened up my email to see that there was a donation for $50 for Naoimi's adoption. I sat here on my Mother's couch( I am staying in Michigan for 2 weeks) and cried for several minutes. I could not stop. The kindness of people just overwhelms me. My family thinks I am a little crazy now hee hee hee! Thank you SO much for helping my daughter, God bless!!! Everyone who has donated or prayed for us...you are all such gifts, you truly are. THANK YOU, Luv ya!!
Through this process I have really been tested emotionally. I have felt every emotion you can think of. A lot of the time I have been really scared. The finances have been the hardest, but no matter how scared I get I can see the Lord is providing for this adoption and our daughter. He is also teaching me about myself and teaching me to trust him, especially when I am at a breaking point. He is always there with me and I can feel him leading me on. Knowing that all of this is up to him and not me brings me comfort. He has plan for our family and it will happen the way he wants no matter what I do. I have been very into psalms lately. It very much reflects how I feel a lot of the time. Though I feel afraid I also feel a quiet peace within myself. This will all work out in HIS time.

Psalm 13 1-2 and 5-6

How long,O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me. How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day sorrow in my heart?

But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me.


Thank you Lord for always loving me and keeping with me no matter what......I can get pretty annoying and whiny at times :)

3 comments:

Amber G. said...

Jen,
I am so with you on the incredible variety of emotions involved in this process!
I'm in the Psalms alot too. And, just a couple days ago really felt God lead me to Isaiah 58:6-11... where he asks us to give of our own bread to those in need, etc and then shares a whole list of the blessings that will follow if we do the first part. He PROMISES to be our rear-guard! He promises to provide rain (provision)!! So I'm believing that for you guys. I know its such a stretch of faith. We're being stretched like crazy in the trusting-for-finances department too.
Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and can completely relate to the ups and downs surrounding all the 'unknowns' ahead. But I feel the deep-down peace too. Its such a comforting thing to just KNOW you are in the right place, doing the right thing.
Bless you,
Amber

"The Transplanted Yankee" said...

Dude where are you guys??

Unknown said...

Hey Jen,

Shana and I miss you guys. It has not been the same without you. Hope to see you soon. Tell Alan I said hey.