Yesterday we accepted the referral of a little girl from Liberia through Acres of Hope,Liberia, inc. Her name is Naoimi and today is her 6th Birthday. She suffers from Caustic Ingestion. In September of 2006 she swallowed lye which is a clear liquid used for the washing of clothes in Liberia. In Liberia it is kept in clear jars. It appears like water to a thirsty child. She drank the lye and it destroyed her esophogus. She currently cannot swallow at all. She has G tube which she is fed through. Normally a G tube fed child is given pediasure,which is a high calorie liquid diet. Because this costs $3 a can in Liberia Naoimi is on other supplements and is currently 22lbs!!!!!!!!!! This is so malnourished. I know babies who are under a year who weigh this much. My two year old weighs 10lbs more then my 6 year old :( Her situation will not get much better until we can get her home.
Now we face the daunting task of raising all the money for her adoption. We have paid the homestudy, the NCIS fees and the application fee. We still have to come up with the $6000 fee, the $1200 orphan fee and travel fees which is about $2500 for my husband's ticket and about $1500 for Naoimi's ticket, the $345 visa fee, $50 a day guest house fee(x 7 days at least), and travel money for and emergencies with the tickets so we will say $1500 for that. So basically we need $13,395 for her adoption. And since they are expediting her adoption because she is so sick we have about 3-4 months to raise this. Daunting indeed. But the Lord provides so we can do this. I am just a little freaked as to how??
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Referral: Happy Birthday Naoimi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
Oh Jen! Naoimi is beautiful! I'm so thrilled for her and for you guys. I'm sorry I didn't recognize you on the AOH board. I'm terrible with that. :( Oh well, there's more good info on here anyway!
What an adventure to watch how God provides for all your needs! Yippee!
Jen, she is gorgeous. I can't wait for you to get her home. I forwarded your blog to some friends and family with the need. We're praying with you for how God will provide.
Thank you guys so much. I so appreciate your kind words. There is such relief knowing it is all up to Him. You guys are great!
Again Thank you Brandi. You are just awesome. I am just amazed how the Lord works and provides.
God bless,
JN
Hi Jen, we haven't met but I am a fellow AOH mommy...your daughter is beautiful!! I would love to talk to you about fundraising if you get a chance~congratulations!
Hey International Mommy,
I would love to talk to you about fundraising. You can email me at iggytheelf@aol.com if that works for you? Thanks for the compliments on my baby!!
God bless,
Jen
Post a Comment