Today I was working on Naoimi's photo album. So far I think it is pretty cool. We also got her a dress and some shoes. It is hard to say what size she would wear because she is so thin. She is 38 inches tall, two inches taller than my 3 year old. So I tried dresses on my 3 year old thinking about where the dress would be in length. I do not want it to be to short. I wound up getting her a 5T. We also got her shoes. I got some that are adjustable. We got a size 12 because other moms with daughters her age have said their children were between 10-13 so I figured 12 might work. I would rather they be a little to big than too small.
So I wonder what Naoimi might think when she recieves these things? What will she think when she looks at pictures of me and my husband, my son and daughters? What will she think of the pictues of the house and her room? Will she be excited, afraid, not care maybe. I have a horrible fear of letting her down. I know the Lord is in control but what if we cannot raise this money? I cannot bear to think about this. I fear she will get sicker and sicker. I fear that she will die as I am trying to come up with this money. God will provide for his will. I am bad...bad me for even thinking these things. But I am so afraid.
My husband and I found out that his company will reimburse us for $10,000 of adoption costs. When she gets home, we send them all the cancelled checks and all the money we paid for the adoption and they send us a check for that amount. This makes not having the money even more frustrating because I would get it all back. Argh x a thousand. Well Naoimi we continue to work for you kid, we will get you home.....we will.
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Fear is not a friend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








7 comments:
I don't mean to presume anything but is a line of credit possible? We did this for our daughter's adoption from India. We maintained the interest payments and then paid off the bulk of it with reimbursements/tax credit. It's a though and perhaps worth exploring. God will provide!
Anjanette (someone who feels blessed to have stumbled upon your blog, your amazing story and strength)
Hi,
We looked into the line of credit and because we own two houses ( my husband got a new job and we could not sell the one we had been living in), they say our debt to income ratio is too high. We want to sell the one home so bad, but with the market being so bad, we would have to pay several thousand just to sell it. Argh.
Thank you for your kind words! We are blessed to be meeting people like yourseld through this process! God bless you and your family!
JN
Jen-
If God has called you to adopt Naoimi...he will take care of everything. When we started working with AOH we wanted to adopt 1 little girl and recieved her referral in December 2006.
In March, ONE WEEK after we had finally saved enough to pay for her fees we found out that she had a sister. We had NO money. NONE. Na-da. We thought "this is crazy" but we listened and everything has been provided in this 2 1/2 months. No worries~~!!
With God everything is possible!! We are all rooting for you, and the website is a great start!! Get the word out there! How about a local newspaper? Have you tried to get an article done? Ours got a lot of exposure...
Be strong!!
Charity
Oh Jen, we join you in prayer and struggle. It's so hard to trust Him at times, isn't it? This isn't how we would do things, and yet He has a plan and we know that! Thank you for sharing your heart and journey in the process.
Love ya,
Brandi
Oh yeah. . she'll wear a 5t? My 3 year old is the same height (38 inches) and wears a 3t, but is a 29 lbs.
If this helps, Isaac is 7 years old and only 36 inches tall and about 30 pounds. He wears a size 3/4 and his shoes are only a
10 1/2...this might help you get a better sence of Naomi's sizes.
-HTH...
Jocelyn
Thank you guys for the comments they really help! This has been a struggle and it is just starting! All I can do is trust in the Lord. None of this is in my control. It is just so "human" to worry and think I can change anything. Thank you all! I will have to go get some smaller sizes :)
God bless you guys
The nice thing is that those larger sizes will save, b/c she will grow in to them!!
Post a Comment