Wednesday, January 16, 2008

More fun at the hospital

Photobucket


Today Miss Naomi had a surgical scope done. They checked out her esophogus and stomach. He said her stomach looks great and is prime for her surgery. Her esophogus is pretty much nothing. The top is intact and forms a pouch and the rest is a string with a tiny hole at the end. The Doctor also replaced Naomi's G-tube. Her's was to long and to narrow. It stuck out and drained all the time. So now it is nice and tight against the skin and wide enough to cover the stoma hole. The Doctor is scheduling her surgery for a couple weeks from now. She has put on weight and is very healthy. We cannot wait. Naomi cannot wait. Today though she is tire and crabby....I do not blame her.

6 comments:

Brandi said...

Awe, sweet girl! She looks adorable though!

Bran
PS Love the new Huckabee widget!

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. I know it's hard having to spend all that time in hospitals. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

I would be crabby too, but I think that in the long run a little crabbiness is worth it if she will be able to eat again! Good luck and we'll be praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

hope all goes well, your family is in our prayers, we leave for Africa in a week. Tell Naomi we love her and can't wait till the day we can eat candy together.

Stefanie said...

She looks so cute in her hospital garb! I'll be praying for you all. Is there a date set for her surgery?

God Bless!

Stefanie

missy said...

what a little trooper. keep us posted.